Hi, I'm Renan
You can contact me by email or have a look at my Github
- Ciboulette.net : Produces sales SAAS, for small scale vegetable farmers that do online ordering and offline in person delivery and payment. I currently have 20+ clients having bringing themselves 200+ users to the platform each. The website must handle spikes of traffic following the emailing of invitations to order. I had to touch many different technologies to make this work, from low level modems communications (AT commands) to android native programming in Kotlin.
Technologies: MeteorJS, MongoDB, React
- SimpleText : A minimalist collaborative text editor. It was meant as a way to quickly organise things together, when the only other option is to pollute a WhatsApp chat. It supported plain text and spreadsheet editing.The collaborative editing is not ideal, it gets messy when two people type at the same time, I'd like to rewrite it one of those days. Hosted on a subdomain because of very low usage, this way it costs me nothing.
- Mermaid gdocs : Google docs addon to make graphs from text. Mostly created out of necessity, but it has 10K+ users now. Technologies: VanillaJS, Webpack
- Mywords : PWA for Russian vocabulary training. Created out of necessity. Unknown number of users as there's no tracking. Big focus on UX for regular users. Technologies: Preact, Preact CLI
- Color scale generator : Tiny web app to generate a range of colors going from one to the other. Useful when trying to represent progression through a few distinct colors. Technologies: Vanilla JS.
- MeteorJS : Using it since 2015. Great for prototyping, currently learning how to scale it.
- Nodejs & ExpressJS Using it since 2015
- MongoDB : Using it since 2015
- React : Using it since 2016
- Webpack : used it on all major projects since 2017
- GIT : Every project since 2013
- Ruby on rails : Started learning it in 2017 at virtualQ. Enjoyed some parts of it (TDD, opinionated, developer friendly) but the syntax and magic took some getting used to.
- virtualQ August 2017 - December 2019 : I mostly worked on client facing web UIs in react but sometimes had to touch the rails back-end to get things moving quickly. Created a bunch of MeteorJS based tools for internal use.
- Mille Volts 6 months in 2016. We built a few solutions for various clients, with react and node mostly.
- Vinci Construction 10 months in 2015. Made a mobile, web based UI for a IBM Domino back-end. Learnt the hard way about mobile performance with angularJS.